Mike Rackers, Tues, November 19th, 2019
Winter is coming so making sure that your furnace is in good working order is a priority.
How do you know if your furnace needs a tune-up to keep you warm and comfy this winter? Here are six signs of an ailing furnace:
1. Expensive or Increased Heating Bills. Your home is getting heat, but your monthly utility bill is climbing. This is often a sign that your furnace is working to hard to get the job done
2. Need Service or Repair. If your system may have lingering issues or hasn’t been reliable in recent years
3. Odd Smells and Noises. If there are odd noises or odors coming from your furnace, it’s time to give us a call. There may be an underlying problem or possible safety issue. We recommend turning the system off & calling for service as soon as possible
4. Reduced heating levels. The heat coming out of the vents isn’t warm enough
5. Reduced air flow. Even if your furnace is generating heat, you notice that the heat is not spreading properly throughout the house
6. Poor air quality. If your family is noticing more dust or dry air, this could cause lack of comfort & issues with allergies or asthma, which can be a sign of poor indoor air quality. Call us for maintenance & system evaluation
The best way to avoid any of these signs of poor furnace performance is to have regular, routine maintenance. Many of our customers find that the most convenient, cost-effective way to ensure their system is ready for the upcoming season is by signing up for our Preferred Service Agreement Program.