How long your system lasts depends on how well it is maintained.
Just like your car, your HVAC system needs regular routine maintenance at the beginning of each season.
Factors that affect the life expectancy of your HVAC system include:
- The manufacturer of your HVAC system. Be sure to do your research & consult with your Clarksville Heating & Air professional to find the top rated HVAC systems
- Properly maintaining your air filter is the single most important thing a homeowner can do to extend the life of the system. Ask one of our technicians for details
- Remove debris from your outdoor unit. Keeping leaves and other debris off your unit, helps keep it clean & prevents larger issues from occurring
- The average life of the HVAC system greatly depends on regular routine preventive maintenance. Here is a good rule of thumb for the average HVAC life expectancy:
- No Maintenance (Do nothing): 6 – 8 years
- Heat Pump System (2 check-ups per year): 12 – 15 years
- Gas Furnace & AC (2 check-ups per year): 15 – 18 years