Heat Pump Repair & Installations Howard, Baltimore, Anne Arundel, Carroll County
What is a Heat Pump? Air Conditioning in Reverse
During the summer, your Heat Pump is gathering warm air in your home & pushing it outside, keeping your home cooler. In the winter, the process switches to pull heat from outside & place it into the home.
Heat pumps are an economical solution that effectively provide heating and cooling in a single, fuel-efficient system. Clarksville Heating and Air offers heat pump installation, service and repair for Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore, Carroll County, Laurel and Silver Spring, MD. We service all brands and models.
Benefits of a Heat Pump
- Duality - can perform both heating & cooling functions to your home
- Efficient - uses less energy than conventional furnaces & air conditioners
- Longevity - most systems have a lifespan of 14-15 years
- Distribution - conditioned air is more evenly distributed through the house than conventional heaters & conditioners
- Cost-Effective - heat pumps are commonly less expensive & generate less expense over the course of its life span
The New Variable Speed Heat Pumps
New heat pump designs are far more efficient than old ones. One reason is that most are designed to run at variable speed to keep the indoor temperature at the desired level, while conventional air-conditioners or furnaces run for a while to get the house to the proper temperature, and then shut off until the temperature drifts out of the desired range. Continuous operation means greater efficiency and eliminates a characteristic that many homeowners have found objectionable, a blast of cold air from the ducts on start-up.
There are several types of heat pumps, from air-source and geo-thermal to ductless mini-splits. Depending on your budget and comfort requirements, Clarksville Heating and Air can recommend & install a heat pump that affordably achieves your goals, and repair or maintain heat pumps to increase performance and longevity.